Deltassist Family & Community Services is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the well-being of the people of Delta. We operate from locations in North Delta, Ladner, and Tsawwassen and have been caring for Delta since 1972. Our mission is to respond to the community needs of Delta in a manner which enhances the social, psychological and physical well-being of individuals, families and the community through the provision of professional and volunteer services in Delta and the surrounding communities.
Manager of Counselling Services
Description:The Manager of Counselling Services plays a key role in supporting clinical staff, liaising with funders and other community organizations, and working collaboratively with Senior Management to achieve established agency goals. Other aspects of this position include provision of individual and group clinical supervision;monitoring and evaluating staff performance; developing and evaluating programs; monitoring contract adherence; participating as a member of the agency’s Management & Planning Team.
Flexible hours,including evening and weekend work is required.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Psychology or Counselling-related field
- BCACC Registration is mandatory
- Specific training and experience with the following:substance misuse issues; suicide assessment and risk;
family counselling; family violence; sexual abuse; mental health issues.
- Experience with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy; Short-Term, Solution-Focused Counselling; assessing needs and strengths;developing, monitoring, and adapting client serviceplans with specified outcomes.
- Working with, and supervising staff within an intensive outreach model. Staff work with individuals, families, and children who have complex/high-risk concerns
- Managing the referral process, and monitoring service plans
- Data analysis, report writing, and maintaining accurate statistics and records
- Performance Quality Improvement
- Managing in a union environment
- Active participation in agency meetings, and adherence to all agency policies and procedures
- Liaising effectively with funders, as well as other organizations and professionals in the community
- Willingness to participate in volunteer activities in support of Deltassist’s Mission
- Other duties, as required.
- Minimum 5 years clinical supervision experience
- Counselling experience including individual, family, and group counselling
Skills:Excellent verbal, written, time management, and word processing skills
- Must have use of a safe motor vehicle
- Must have current certification in First Aid/CPR
- Ability to speak a second language and certification in Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention are considered assets
Please indicate your interest in this position by submitting a cover letter and resume by September 23rd, 2016 to:
Julie Chadwick, Executive Director
9097 120th St. Delta, B.C., V4C 6R7
Deltassist is an equal opportunity employer. Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record check. Deltassist thanks all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.