SUMMER CAMP June 4 – 10, 2017WHERE: / Camp 175 on Lake Allatoona: 175 Charlie Gowing Way, Acworth, GA 30102
DROP OFF: / 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Sunday, June 4 at Camp 175. Opening ceremony starts at 3 p.m.
PICK UP: / 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Saturday, June 10. Closing ceremony starts at 10 a.m.
Please leave time to pack and load before the ceremony.
PACKING LIST | ALL SCOUTS TO ARRIVE IN CLASS A UNIFORMCLOTHING / OTHER ITEMS / BEDDING
6 camp 175 shirts or t-shirts / Water bottle – REQUIRED / Sheets & blanket or light sleeping bag
4-5 pair of shorts / Plastic mug/cup with handle / Pillow & pillowcase
1 pair long pants
(REQUIRED for Newbies) / 2 towels / Sleeping pad (foam or air)
6 pair underwear / Wash cloths / Mosquito netting - REQUIRED
6 pair socks / Shampoo, liquid soap, deodorant / ALLOWED OPTIONAL STUFF
2 pairs of tennis shoes / Toothbrush & paste / Pocket knife (if Scout has BSA Totin’ Chip)
1 pair aqua shoes or crocs REQUIRED / Bandaids, insect/itch cream / Orienteering style compass
(REQUIRED for Newbies)
1 light jacket/sweatshirt / Sunscreen & aloe vera / Cards, Uno, table games (non-electronic!)
2 swimsuits / Bug spray (non-aerosol) / Books
Hat / Flashlight & batteries / Sun glasses
Rainwear / Boy Scout Handbook / Fishing tackle
Long cotton pants & long-sleeve shirt (scouts taking Lifesaving & Newbies also need for swimming) / Garbage bag for wet/dirty clothes
Laundry bag / Camera (inexpensive)
Small water floats for free swim
Football, lacrosse gear, etc.
NOTES ABOUT CAMP
· ALL Scouts MUST turn in a COPY of their MEDICAL forms NO LATER than at DROP OFF on Sunday, June 4.
· Newbies must have long pants, socks, and shoes appropriate for poison ivy protection. They will go on a 1-mile map & compass hike through poison ivy.
· Newbies may bring a pocket knife but cannot use it until earning the Totin’ Chip.
· Pack everything in large Rubbermaid storage tubs or footlockers. Cabin floor space is limited.
· All first-year scouts will get a Boy Scout Handbook at camp if they did not already receive one.
· All gear is subject to inspection by an adult at any time. Contraband (including food/drinks from home) will be confiscated and returned to the parents on Saturday.
· Please mark all clothes with the Scout’s name. If you can’t afford to lose it, DON’T send it to camp!
· Your son will be sleeping in a cabin on a bunk bed that’s about as comfortable as a kitchen table. Plan for padded bedding that he can sleep on top of with a sheet or blanket. It’s too hot for a sleeping bag.
· Each Scout gets a new shirt for camp which will be passed out as they arrive at camp.
EMERGENCY CONTACT: Kevin Wyatt: 404-735-6357 or Andy Beach: 404-431-7238