Company Office Assistant
27 March - 2 December 2017
We are looking for an Assistant, preferably with relevant experience in an arts organisation, to join the Company Office team to provide administrative support for the Festival and Tour. You should be organised, capable of working in a busy office environment and be flexible to work evenings and weekends.
The role will support and report to the Head of Planning & Company Management.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
· In conjunction with the Head of Planning & Company Management and the Deputy Company Manager to produce and maintain the weekly rehearsal & performance schedule for the performing company - principal artists, music staff, actors, dancers, chorus members and staff directors.
· To liaise with internal departments and performers, ensuring all changes to the weekly schedule are appropriately communicated.
· To update and pull reports from the company office Access database.
· In conjunction with the Head of Planning & Company Management and the Deputy Company Manager to support the performing company in all areas affecting their work at Glyndebourne such as induction, rehearsals, costume fittings, performances, travel and pay claims, ticket requests and any health or personal matters.
· To assist the Head of Planning & Company Management and the Deputy Company Manager in preparing for the annual tour.
· To provide administrative assistance on tour.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Previous administration experience
· Excellent Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Access
· Fast and accurate typing (minimum 60 wpm)
· Excellent organisational & administrative skills
· Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
· Experience working in an arts organisation
· Interest in Opera/Theatre
The Company office is the focal point of contact of Glyndebourne for the performing company, production & music staff. The post holder will be required to manage routine administrative tasks with frequent interruptions in this busy office environment, and be able to work well under pressure.
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a weekly salary of £326.93.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role, which will include evenings and weekends.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year (pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
The closing date for applications is Friday 3 February with interviews to be held week commencing 13 February.